DESTRUCTION OF THE DR SITI HASMAH AND ENAYA PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE
1. I am extremely perturbed to learn of the destruction, due to Israeli bombing, of the Dr Siti Hasmah and Enaya Physiotherapy Centre in Gaza on Nov 7, 2023.
2. Tragically, five Gazan families seeking shelter at the centre after their homes were bombed, lost four members of their families in the Israel attack.
3. I have mourned the bombings and destructions of other hospitals and shelters in Gaza previously.
4. But I have a personal affinity for this hospital. The Perdana Global Peace Foundation (PGPF), of which I am a member, was directly involved in its construction from the very start.
5. PGPF, alongside Humanitarian Care Malaysia, Muslim Care Malaysia, Media Prima Humanitarian Fund and the Charitable Association for Palestinian Relief helped built it and it had been in operation since 2019.
6. The location of the centre in Khan Younis, in the South of Gaza, was of no consequence to the Zionist Israeli regime. Despite having said earlier that they would not target the south, it proved to be lip service.
7. The attacks is now turning into an operation of mass murdering Palestinian civilians and non-combatants. It is not a war between militaries, but a genocide by the Israeli military to rid Gaza of its Palestinian population.
8. The bombings of hospitals and residences, and now a physiotherapy centre, proved that Israel is targeting these centres intentionally and wilfully.
9. All we can do is protest and pray for the Palestinians to be spared Israel’s brutality.
10. And Israeli allies, notably the US and UK continue to justify and support Israelis barbarity.
DR MAHATHIR BIN MOHAMAD
Nov 17, 2023
PGPF was informed by Dr. Saleh AlKashef, Director of Charitable Association for Palestinian Relief that 5 families were sheltering in the Enaya Centre when it was bombed resulting in the murder of 4 of their members.
In the video below, Dr. Abu Ayesh AlNajjar, Chairman of Muslim Care Malaysia-Palestine, 6 others including his own family members were also killed as the indiscriminate bombings destroyed the surrounding area.